AF Flail Mowers
AF FLAIL MOWER 4' & 5'The Wessex AF SERIES FLAIL MOWERS, in 4' and 5' working widths, have been developed to meet the needs of contractors, farmers and estate owners. They are well suited for controlling dense vegetation, i.e. brambles, bracken and long grass and for the maintenance of forestry and woodland areas. The manual clutch and three high torque belts allow the Wessex AF flail mower to perform in arduous conditions without the inherent overheating problems associated with a centrifugal clutch.
REAR WHEEL OPTIONRequired if the machine is to cut close to fences and borders, or if the overall width is critical due to narrow access. The rear wheel option is available on the 1.2m version. In this configuration significant weight is transferred onto the drawbar, therefore the user must check the drawbar capacity of the towing vehicle. When fitted with rear wheels, the AF has a screw jack on the drawbar to aid connecting to the towing vehicle.
FLOTATION TYRESMachines with side wheels also have the option of 22 x 11-8 flotation tyres as an alternative to the standard grass tyres. Ideal for working in boggy and low lying areas, the flotation tyres allow an ATV and a Wessex flail to operate in areas inaccessible to a tractor.
Wessex machinery is sold through our excellent dealer network. Get in touch with #TeamWessex, and we’ll locate your nearest dealer and then look after you throughout your sales journey.
When only the best will do
When you purchase a Wessex product, you invest in over 55 years of innovation, manufacturing excellence and a commitment to progress that underpins the care for our customers, suppliers and employees. Since 1962 the Wessex name has been synonymous with superb quality, British built machines for the agricultural and groundcare markets. Our equipment is built for demanding applications, where reliability and durability are paramount.
Features & Benefits
- 5MM DECK – Shot-blasted and powder coated for durability
- SWIVELLING BALL HITCH – Satisfies Health and Safety recommendations
- TURN BUCKLE ON THE DRAWBAR – Levels the machine for an even cut
- DRAWBAR CAN BE OFFSET TO EITHER SIDE – Cut outside of the quad wheelings
- KILL SWITCH CLIPS TO THE RACK OF THE ATV – Emergency stop within easy reach of the operator
- SCREW ADJUSTOR – Simple height adjustment
- POWERFUL 18HP V-TWIN ENGINE – Ample power for demanding applications
- MANUAL ENGAGEMENT CLUTCH – Efficient power transmission without overheating
- REAR ANTI-SCALP ROLLER – Eliminates scalping in rough conditions
- OPTIONAL HEAVY-DUTY FLAILS
- Y-PATTERN FLAILS – Excellent mulching capabilities when cutting very long and dense vegetation
- 3 HIGH TORQUE BELTS – Excellent power transmission
- 16 X 8.50-8 TYRES AS STANDARD FITMENT – (22 x 11-8 flotation tyres as an option)
- FRONT RUBBER FLAP – Eliminates projectiles being thrown out in front of the machine
- Working width 4′
- Overall width c/w side wheels 6′
- Overall width c/w rear/4 wheels 4′ 9″
- Cutting height range 2′- 6.3′
- Approximate weight c/w side wheels 617lbs
- No. flails (pairs) 32
- Working width 5′
- Overall width c/w side wheels 7′ 3″
- Overall width c/w rear/4 wheels 6′ 1″
- Cutting height range 2′- 6.3′
- Approximate weight c/w side wheels 705lbs
- No. flails (pairs) 44
Extended kill switch for UTV’s
Rear wheel option
The rear wheel option is only available on the 1.2m version
Book a Demo
Please submit your request for a product demonstration, and we will call you back to arrange a suitable time.